Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Emergency Department: Postgraduate
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting nurses and midwives working within a hospital emergency department to undertake postgraduate studies at an Australian university or registered training organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses or midwives are encouraged to apply.
Applications are currently closed. The online application for studies in 2014 will become available Monday 22 July 2013.
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $15 000 for one year full time study or $7500 per year for up to two years part time study.
These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen postgraduate course. Funding will not be available for courses studied outside Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
Australian College of Nursing receives an extremely high volume of applications, meeting the eligibility criteria will not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Applications will be considered from applicants who are:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- An enrolled nurse, registered nurse or midwife with current registration
- Currently working in an emergency department
- Delivering clinical services in Australia
- Studying or intending to study a postgraduate nursing course at an Australian university or registered training organisation
For the purposes of this scholarship, clinical services involve direct client contact providing direct treatment, intervention or assistance, assessment, client management and education across the health care system.
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be based on how an applicant addresses the following criteria:
- How the scholarship will benefit them in furthering their career
- Their commitment to clinical practice within a hospital’s emergency department
- How their life experiences and/or professional career to date demonstrate their commitment to furthering their nursing career in a hospital emergency department
Scholarships will be awarded as a contribution toward the cost of courses at the following level:
- Graduate certificate
- Graduate diploma
Funding will be available for postgraduate studies in 2013. These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen postgraduate course.
The following courses are not considered eligible for a postgraduate scholarship:
- vocational graduate certificate or vocational graduate diploma
- masters by research
- entry level nursing and midwifery courses
- postgraduate activities offered by an overseas educational institution (including face to face, on line or external study).
Please contact Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health
if you are an allied health professional.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262